Thursday 8 January 2009

Tele Bird meets Bookworm. Part the first.



The Tele Bird learns all it knows,
being zapped by endless TV shows.

It does not need to sit and stare,
stuff flys to it from out of the air,

while atop the aerial on the roof,
it perches transfixed, engrossed, aloof.

By day and night, come shine or rain
tele rays bombard it’s pea sized brain.


Well I have to do something to cheer myself up for January. I've been reading a lot of Roald Dahl over the last few days. I really like the way he handles his rhymes and I thought I'd have a stab. From time to time I enjoy the structure of having to do a narrative which rhymes. I'm no poet (I know it...) but it's fun nevertheless. Hope you enjoy... if you do there's more of the story to come, so watch this space.

2 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Not a happy-looking bird, but a lovely drawing.

Just looking at planes, thinking they would be cool as a die-cut kit.

Chris Kennett said...

Nice little verse. The bird even has a little touch of Quentin Blake about him. Want to start reading a bit of Roald Dahl to my kids soon, this has definitely put me in the mood.