Monday 22 November 2010

We're just f**cking Monkeys In Shoes...


I've been listening a lot of late to the hilarious, ridiculously talented and thought provoking potty mouth that is Tim MInchin. Whenever I hear his "monkey's in shoes" lyric images just pop into my head so, this was by way of a warm up doodle one morning. A flippin monkey in some shoes... You have to agree it's a pretty concise summation of human evolution to this point. If anyone has a few minutes to spare, has pro science, anti religious leanings, isn't easily offended and just likes a good laugh give Minchin's musical stylings a go. My blogging has been sparse of late but I'm scribbling away on various bits and pieces which I hope will make for a few posts soon enough. Maybe a few more monkey's in assorted footwear till then...?! & PS. I'm aware it's an 'ape' in shoes...I just like drawing apes ;-)

11 comments:

Skulleigh said...

I LOVE Tim Minchin! And I'm happy to find out you do too :)

Since you like Tim, you might also want to check out George Hrab - he's also pro-science and anti-religion.

Phil Toodle said...

Monkey!!!

Rico said...

This one cracks me up... love the fact he's wearing the shoes on his "hands"?

Great idea.

Abz said...

I like!

Anonymous said...

Now I understand why I like bananas so much (and playing with tyres). Tim Minchin rocks and so does your monkeyman/manmonkey. Ciao for now, Rob H

Jon Davis said...

Great picture, cool expression and nice shoes too.

Ken said...

Haha awesome... I was lucky enough to see Tim Minchin live a few years ago... quite by accident!

Unknown said...

You need to print Tees and sell them. I would buy one for sho

xl pharmacy said...

That guy has some interesting theories and some great ideas and points of view, I do enjoy his lectures and papers.

Phil Toodle said...

An appropriate lecture by Robert Sapolsky, who knows about these things. Enjoy:

Are humans just another primate?

Unknown said...

Spot on. Minchin is simply brilliant. He's multi-talented and funny as it gets. Once I discovered him I felt compelled to spent days viewing his material. Do yourself a favor and check him out. He transforms irreverence into an art form.