Wednesday 27 June 2012

four colour tiger in the forests of the night...



I've gone plant crossed eyed! Enough. It's going to need tweaks here and there before I'd attempt to print it but I've finally finished off my tiger screen print / a little bit bunny submission which I posted roughs developments for previously. After trying out various ways of doing the tiger stripes digitally, non of which were right, I stopped resisting, printed out what I had as an underlay and went at the thing with a brush pen to see what happened. I'm not unhappy with the results, but I have a feeling I'm going to revisit the William Blake Tiger again and again. Attached to this post are the stripe ink scan, a sneak detail of the finished illustration and the four colour screens which go together to make the final image. Pop on over to ALBB if you fancy seeing the final mix. When my eyes have settled down I think I'll play around and see what other colour combos I might also try. That's part of the fun I think with having your illustration as separations like this, just fiddle with the colour sliders in photoshop and voila, a new illustration!

2 comments:

karumina said...

Te acabo de ver en otro blog... este tigre... y me tiene encantada... es tan fiero!!! que me veo perdida...
saludos
karumina

Office Movers Colorado Springs said...

Hello mate nice blogg