Saturday 25 January 2014

egg box rhino... I am the egg box, I am the rhino, goo goo g'joob...

Happy new year blog! And before January's out here is my first a little bit bunny blog post of the year... an egg box... an rhinoceros. I had, and still have, a notion to illustrate my own take on Durer's Rhinoceros, an illustration I've always loved. I was all set, and had sketched some roughs but, finishing the last egg in the egg box this morning, an alternative take came to mind. Long story short, just one egg box, some scissors, a dab of two of glue and here she is. Makes a nice change to have no preconceptions at all, just snip and fold and see what happens.




3 comments:

GroovySushi said...

Super cool!

Papawer said...

love this :)

Fresca said...

I landed here from the mostly defunct blog Art Spark Theatre's still living blogroll, and must say, as someone nicknamed Baby Rhino, I LOVE your rhino egg carton!

Further, I'm actually sitting at a residential hospice for a fourth day with a friend whose father is dying here, and your image and quote of
"I think my spaceship knows which was to go" is a perfect thing for me to find, sitting here with Death. Thank you.